Scrying, also known as crystal gazing or crystallomancy, has been used throughout history as a powerful psychic tool to receive visions and revelations. It can be used to connect with the higher self, guides and inspiration. A famous scryer is Nostradamas who used a bowl of water for divining the past, present and future.
Scrying is commonly depicted in movies with a gypsy woman looking into a clear quartz crystal ball. But anyone can do it. As well as iridescent crystals like Clear Quartz or Amethyst, you can also use any crystal that has a highly reflective surface like Silver or Rainbow Obsidian or even crystal skulls.
Crystal scrying can be used for:
- Divining the past, present and future
- Access to the Akashic Records
- Access to the astral plane and shamanic journeys
- Healing – receiving and sending
- Receive visions, insights and messages
Here are our tips on how to scry with crystals:
- Select a large crystal that you resonate with.
- Sit in a comfortable, quiet place preferably in a dimly lit room for around 10 – 20 minutes.
- Lit candles in the space can be very helpful when scrying
- It is important to ground your energy before starting and to slow down and deepen the breath. Try imagining a bright white light surrounding you and the crystal. Then imagine that the entire room is filled with love and protection.
- Set your intention. It may be to have access to the Akashic Records, to communicate with your guides or to see your future.
- Once your intention has been set and you are fully relaxed, ask for the answers to be revealed to you.
- Open your eyes and gently gaze into the crystal. This part takes practice and patience. After a while the crystal may begin to fade or it may seem foggy. This is a sign that a transmission is about to be received.
- Be aware of any images you receive in your mind’s eye, any words, sensations or colours.
- By creating a conscious link to your crystal via your third eye you can start to see this information more clearly. The crystal acts, in a way, like a portal or a channel for this information to come through.
- The thing to remember is to allow the information to come through without judging it or trying to make sense of it at first. The more allowing you are, the more information will flow through.
- Once you are finished, disconnect from the crystal by closing the portal between the crystal and your third eye. Reconnect with your body and your breath. Say to yourself and your guides that this session is now complete. Sit quietly for a moment and recall the information that came through. You may wish to write it down.
Anyone can scry with crystals. It just takes patience and perseverance.