Meridians are Energy Pathways that flow through the body, they are mainly used in Chinese Medicine and are known as “Jing Luo” and have also been adapted and used in other healing modalities too.
There are 12 main meridians that run through our body, each meridian corresponds with a major organ. Every 2hours the energy or “chi” for each organ is at its strongest and combined they complete a 24-hour cycle every day.
Each Meridian is either a yin (receiver of energy) or a yang (expresser of energy) when both these energies are balanced they create a flow of inner harmony and peace on a mind/body/ spirit basis.
The Time of day for each Meridian is as follows:
- 11pm -1am: Gall Bladder
- 1am – 3am: Liver
- 3am – 5am: Lung
- 5am – 7am: Large Intestine
- 7am – 9am: Stomach
- 9am – 11am: Spleen
- 11am – 1pm: Heart
- 1pm – 3pm: Small Intestine
- 3pm – 5pm: Bladder
- 5pm – 7pm: Kidney
- 7pm – 9pm: Circulation/ Sex or Pericardium
- 9pm – 11pm: Triple Warmer /Triple Burner
We also have 2 main meridians that run through the centre of our body both on the front and back, they are called:
- Governing that directs flow for Yang energy (expressing energy)
- Central that directs flow for yin energy (receiving energy)
Using crystals with Meridians is a powerful healing technique as the crystals help clear any blockages or stagnate energy flow in the body and the energetic field.
Crystal wands are a perfect tool for tracing meridians for balanced “chi” and overall health.
Some wands that are beneficial when used to trace meridians are:
- Selenite wands – for cleansing the aura
- Lepidolite wands – Dissipates negativity and is a soothing /calming stone.
- Aventurine wands – all-around healing stone
- Golden Quartz wands –Empowers healing at all levels
- Clear Quartz wands – A master healer
- Calcite wands – Removes stagnant energy
- Hematite: Grounding and rebalances yin energy.
For a quick energy boost follow the technique below:
- Start by using a Selenite wand or any wand of your choice.
- Hold your wand of choice and move your hand with the wand in the direction the meridian flows.
- Start by running central and governing meridians.
- Continue running each meridian by starting at the time of day and the Meridian that corresponds with that time of day. (eg: Kidney 5-7pm)
- Continue running the meridian in the direction it flows for each individual meridian.
This technique is an easy and quick way to reset the flow of energy in your body and can be done at any time during the day or night.
Note: tracing meridians late at night will increase energy flow and may disrupt sleep patterns.